Saturday, May 5, 2007

A New Road

My first blog . . . and the man who is usually NEVER at a loss for words doesn't even know how to begin. I've kept a personal journal for 27 years - but no one else has read it (yet). Blogging is different because the blogger is allowing his life to become an "open book." So, how do I want this book to begin? I have a friend who attended our church in the desert in southern California (my third pastorate, from 1992-2000). Every Sunday he was there he would send me a note on our "Communication Card." He would remind me week after week, "Joe, keep the main thing the main thing." For me, the main thing about my life is that it must bring glory to God. So, whether I eat or drink, blog or surf, or whatever I do, I want my Lord to be glorified. That's it . . . the first thing I want you know. There will be more in days to come. But right now, I need to get my rest, because tomorrow morning I have to preach - and once again I will try to be diligent to keep the main thing the main thing!

No comments: